Thursday, September 18, 2008

I've about had it with these SNGs

$5+$0.40 Double-up SNGs: Record: 1-2, Loss: $6.20

Stupid cunting fucking things. Like I said the other day, I was a total luck box in the second one and made it to the money going away. In the other two, I was so fucking unlucky, I wanted to punch something. And so it goes...between this and soccer, NOTHING is going well right now.

Here's the particulars (I only played 10% of hands in all three, so this won't be long):

1st one:

- I folded everything until Hand 7, where I had A-K. I raised to $210, got one caller, and bluffed them out after a 9-7-4 flop.
- I didn't play another one until Hand 32 (folded 8-8 to a raise, A-10 suited, and A-10 unsuited twice). I was down to $1250 with 100/200 blinds, so I went all-in with A-J suited. No one called, so I picked up the blinds.
- On Hand 40 (100/200/25, down to $1150), I was all-in again with J-J, and again met no resistance.
- Hand 49 (200/400/25, on the bubble with $700) was where I went out. I had A-10, a big stack called with 7-4. Q-9-8 on the flop, so far so good...the turn was a 7 and no help came on the river. Fuck's fucking sake.


2nd one:

This one was the slowest fucking one ever for some reason...like 1 hand every 3 minutes for the first level or two. It did speed up though, and laugh along with me as I get ALL MY FUCKING LUCK AT ONCE.

- Hand 9: J-9 suited in the BB, and the flop came 9-9-7. It was only the 15/30 level, and despite my slow-play, I couldn't extract much money out of it.
- In Hand 19 (50/100), I got Q-Q in the BB. Someone raised up to $200, another guy went all-in for $645, and I went all-in to isolate him. The other guy folded, so I was heads-up against a guy with Q-2. The ladies held up, and I take down a nice one.
- Picked up the blinds in Hand 22 with A-J, but then folded it in Hand 31 because at that point, I was cruising. Hand 32, I got A-Q and no one wanted to play.
- Hand 35 was just fucking rad, but why did this have to come when I didn't need it? I saw Q-3 in the BB, and someone went all-in for $20 more. I call it of course, and the other guy shows K-10. Too bad the flop came Q-3-3, and another Queen came off on the river, huh?
- I was a total luck box on Hand 42. Again in the BB, I had J-5. The SB called, and I checked. The flop came J-8-5, and the other guy went all-in! If he had a set, I still had $1,800 left at 100/200/25, so it was an easy call. Turns out he had 10-5, and that was that. I was now at $5,050!!!
- Just for shits and giggles, I did the same A-K bluff a few hands later similar to the one in the first SNG. I sat out for the next 10-12 hands until the bubble boy busted.


3rd one:

This one wasn't nearly as shitty as the first one...just had the second-best hand at the worst times.

- Hand 1, I folded Q-J and the flop came Q-J-4. I knew where this one was heading right there. The next hand I folded K-10, and the flop was 10-high. *sigh*
- Hand 9 (15/30) was one where I could have won way more chips, but I overplayed the best hand badly. I had A-Q, and raised to $120. Two guys called and saw a flop of A-10-6 rainbow. Everyone checked, and the turn was a 2. One guy bet $195, and I went all-in. The other two guys peaced out...the bettor there showed A-3. I should have let him donk off more chips on the river and maybe raise him there.
- Hand 20 (50/100), I got K-Q and since I had been so rocky, I raised to $400. I was stoked to see everyone fold, but then the blinds BOTH went all-in. Well, cunting fucking hell. Turns out it was A-Q vs. 8-8, and an Ace came off. Picked the wrong time to steal there.
- On Hand 29 ($1,220 left, 75/150), got J-J and went all-in. No one called.
- After Hand 37 (100/200), things were looking pretty good. I had Q-7 in the BB, and someone went all-in for another $290 or so. I call, and he had Q-9. The turn gave me a 7, and it held up. Awful. At that point, I had $2,187 and was 3rd out of 7th.
- Hand 38, I flopped a set, went all-in, and no one called. That was just fucking stupid...I should have checked it and then perhaps check-raised them all-in.
- I lost some chips on Hand 44 ($2,587 left,100/200), but I think I had to make the call. I was in the BB with K-10 and someone went all-in for $365 more. I called, and they showed A-J. The turn, of course, was an Ace.
- Conversely, I was too tight on Hand 50 ($1,747 left, 100/200/25). I got K-Q and folded it...at that point, it's probably good enough to go all-in with since I was just barely in 5th place out of 7.
- I went out on Hand 57 (200/400/25) - was blinded down to $1,272. Someone raised to $800, and I figured I had to push here. At that point, I'd take a race against The Usual Suspects. Well, turns out the prick had 10-10. Dammit, dammit, son of a fucking bitch.


So yeah, that's that. Whee.
-

No comments: