Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm not dead yet...

As mentioned in the last post, life has been fairly crazy in the short term. I still haven't really been playing - there was just the one time, where my $4 buy-in was vaporized in about 10 minutes. One bad beat, one bad call, that was it. I got spooked and haven't played again since.

The live games have dried up too, as the usual sources have not been hosting games (the usual sources including the guy typing this drivel, of course). However, I got invited to two games on the same day! I committed to playing with my friends in Manhattan first, then heard about a tournament my friend was hosting a day or two later. No action for like two months, then two in the same day...of fucking course.

I won't be keeping notes or anything, it's mainly just going to be fun with friends and seeing just how rusty I am in a live environment (against opponents that know what they're doing, but aren't as good as, say, Action Al or Robbie KGB).

We'll see how it goes. I'm envisioning going out on the first hand with kings against aces, but then again I always fear the worst going into anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh baby! Free publicity! We'll get a game going soon, buddy. Perhaps for Lesnar/Couture?

7th fucking place, BTW!!! My flopped set of aces lost to a turned straight. GROSS. And funny enough, I played a $20 side game afterwards and doubled my buy-in. Are we in Bizarro World?

-Al